Monasterio de San Jerónimo
This ornate Renaissance monastery was built in the 16th century and has a church, two cloisters and a courtyard.
Calle del Rector Lopez Argueta 9
+34 958 279 337
10:00 - 13:30; 15:30 - 18:30 (winter) & 16:00 - 19:30 (summer)
This richly decorated, Renaissance monastery was built between 1506 and 1522 under the direction of Diego de Siloé. The monastery has two cloisters on either side of a courtyard with orange trees and the church has an ornate altarpiece. The general and statesman Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba (also known as the Gran Capitan) and his wife are buried here.